Кратко: Professional chess program by the nine times world computer chess champion.
Shredder Classic - the Shredder chess programs by Stefan Meyer-Kahlen have already won nine titles as World Computer Chess Champion, are leading in all important computer chess rating lists and are accepted as the best chess programs for PCs. They combine extremely powerful play with easy handling. The play of the program can be variably adjusted to any strength, so that everyone can find an adequate chess partner. Many functions for analysing one's own games as well as a built-in coach, who is alert of one's mistakes, help to improve your play.
The most important features of Shredder Classic are:
* Ability to play Chess960, also know as Fischer Random Chess
* Direct access to huge online endgame database with more than 800 GB data
* The program always keeps up-to-date with automatic online updates
* User interface that is easy to handle and can be set up individually
* Six different sets of pieces and chessboards both in 2D and 3D
* Chess engine with extremely powerful play, that can be individually adjusted and configured
* Built-in Chess coach, who is alert of mistakes and suggests better moves
* Own games can be automatically examined for mistakes
* Moves can easily be entered by mouse or keyboard
* Extensive documentation
* Games can be provided with alternative lines and comments
* Many features for training and analysis
* Manifold possibilities to systematically search and examine the endgame databases
* Free, open protocol between user interface and chess engine (UCI protocol)
* Possibility to simultaneously load up to ten chess engines
* Several chess engines that differ in their playing style
* Many possibilities for automatic tests and comparisons of different chess engines.